Learn more about Buyer Protection
What does Buyer Protection cover?
Buyer Protection is a service provided by Seel. It covers delayed, damaged, and lost items that meet the following criteria.
Delay: United States packages not delivered not delivered before the 30th day following order fulfillment are considered delayed. The compensation for delayed packages is $5 USD.
Damage: Buyer Protection covers item damages to the point that the item(s) are unusable, clearly fractured, shattered, bent (if not bendable), crushed, etc., but does not cover cosmetic damage (scratches, dents, etc.), manufacturing damages, packaging errors, or unsealed items. The compensation for damaged items will be up to the value paid for the purchased item(s).
Loss: United States packages not delivered before the 60th day following order fulfillment are considered lost. The compensation for lost packages is the value paid for the purchased item(s).
Note: Total compensation for one cover is up to the value actually paid for the item(s).
How does Buyer Protection resolve shoppers’ shipping issues?
The customer experience of Buyer Protection is as follows:
- Shopper orders from the merchant with Buyer Protection opted in.
- Shopper receives an email with their Buyer Protection coverage details, as well as instructions on how to report an issue.
- If their package is damaged or lost during transit or is delayed, they can report the issue via the Seel Claim Portal.
- Seel will assess the issue using policy rules/guidelines to determine if the reported order issue qualifies for a payout.
- If the reported issue does qualify, a refund will be automatically sent to the shopper in a prepaid credit card via email. If the reported issue doesn’t qualify, an email will be sent to the shopper to notify them of the denial and the reason.
- Throughout the user journey, shoppers can always check out their cover details and status via 17Track’s (our order tracking partner) tracking page (see below screenshot).
To qualify for the payout, shoppers need to follow the issue reporting requirements:
- Issues of loss, where the package is not delivered, must not be reported sooner than 60 days after the order fulfillment date for shipments.
- Issues of damage, where the package is delivered, must be reported within 15 days after the delivery date.
- All issues must be reported within 90 days of the order date.
How much does Buyer Protection cost?
- Buyer Protection is free for merchants and is available for customers to purchase on the cart page. For orders where all items have a combined retail value under $100 USD, Buyer Protection is only $0.98 USD. For orders where all items have a combined retail value over $100 USD, Buyer Protection is calculated from 1.5%-5% of the cart total based on proprietary risk factors (for example, if an order was $150 USD with a 1.5% rate, then Buyer Protection would cost $2.25 USD).
If you have any questions contact us any time